Six in Seven Shoppers Want Simplicity in Leisure Experiences, Accenture Report Finds
“Reinvent for Progress” report highlights how media corporations can enhance consumer experiences and drive income with new leisure ecosystems
NEW YORK; Dec. 21, 2022 – Six in seven shoppers globally (86%) need an all-in-one platform to simplify their leisure experiences with video streaming, fantasy sports activities, social media, ecommerce and extra, in accordance with “Reinvent for development,” a brand new report from Accenture (NYSE: ACN).
As a part of its second annual world leisure research, Accenture surveyed 6,000 shoppers to know their preferences and behaviors relating to their on-line leisure experiences. 4 in 10 respondents (41%) stated they might pay for an all-in-one platform for his or her leisure companies. As well as, three in 5 (61%) need the power to share their streaming profiles throughout platforms to permit for higher personalization of content material.
“Standalone streaming companies are operating up towards some easy info: There are limits to what shoppers can pay for and solely a specific amount of complexity and choices that they’re ready to take care of,” stated John Peters, a managing director in Accenture’s Media & Leisure business follow. “It’s time to reimagine leisure ecosystems in order that media corporations can transfer to worthwhile development by serving to shoppers get every thing they want and need.”
Different findings from the report additional spotlight the necessity for media organizations to rethink their operational and content material methods:
- A couple of-third (35%) of shoppers unsubscribed from not less than one of many high 5 streaming video-on-demand companies within the final 12 months, and 26% stated that they plan to chop a number of within the subsequent 12 months.
- Greater than seven in 10 shoppers (72%) reported frustration at discovering one thing to look at, up 6 proportion factors from final 12 months.
- Greater than half (55%) of shoppers stated they’re overwhelmed by the variety of streaming companies to select from, with 26% saying it might probably take them greater than 10 minutes to choose a streaming selection (up from 17% final 12 months).
Accenture’s report additionally identifies three rising roles for leisure corporations which might be competing for shoppers’ time, consideration and cash:
- Viewers aggregators are platform corporations with a diversified enterprise mannequin that monetize consideration and engagement instantly and not directly by tying a number of leisure and different companies collectively in a single place.
- Viewers cultivators will create and effectively monetize leisure in a single or a number of varieties (e.g., video, music, gaming and many others.) by realizing their core viewers, specializing in content material/value effectivity, and guaranteeing that they’re included in viewers aggregator platforms and bundles.
- Content material retailers will concentrate on making the absolute best content material without having to monetize the engagement their content material achieves.
“The way forward for the media business is shifting towards aggregated platforms,” stated Imran Shah, a managing director with Accenture’s Communications, Media & Expertise business group. “These platforms will obtain two essential outcomes — creating inclusive, decrease churn companies and bundles that can drive income for media corporations, whereas delivering experiences that allow shoppers to simply discover and entry content material.”
For extra insights and findings on the drivers behind media and leisure reinvention, click on right here.
Accenture performed analysis to achieve an understanding of shoppers’ preferences, beliefs and behaviors on their on-line leisure experiences. The net survey of 6,000 shoppers aged 18+ in 10 international locations (Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Spain, the U.Okay. and the U.S.) was designed to determine important adjustments to the present direct-to-consumer media regime and supply solutions for manufacturers throughout the media spectrum to adapt their mannequin to be extra related and profitable with clients. Fieldwork was performed between October and November 2022.
Oxford Economics assisted in creating the survey, finishing up fieldwork, analyzing the information, and establishing key narratives. The gathering of 2021 information was executed by a unique companion. To make sure applicable comparisons, the samples for each 2021 and 2022 research have been adjusted to have an identical construction.
Accenture is a number one world skilled companies firm that helps the world’s main companies, governments and different organizations construct their digital core, optimize their operations, speed up income development and improve citizen companies — creating tangible worth at pace and scale. We’re a expertise and innovation led firm with 738,000 individuals serving shoppers in additional than 120 international locations. Expertise is on the core of change right this moment, and we’re one of many world’s leaders in serving to drive that change, with sturdy ecosystem relationships. We mix our power in know-how with unmatched business expertise, useful experience and world supply functionality. We’re uniquely in a position to ship tangible outcomes due to our broad vary of companies, options and belongings throughout Technique & Consulting, Expertise, Operations, Trade X and Accenture Music. These capabilities, along with our tradition of shared success and dedication to creating 360° worth, allow us to assist our shoppers succeed and construct trusted, lasting relationships. We measure our success by the 360° worth we create for our shoppers, one another, our shareholders, companions and communities. Go to us at www.accenture.com.
# # #
+1 617 488 5219
Copyright © 2022 Accenture. All rights reserved. Accenture and its brand are logos of Accenture.