Tel: + 33 6 04 52 16 55
E-mail: [email protected]
TechnoVision 2023: Proper the expertise, write the longer term
This yr’s flagship tech developments report equips leaders to make transformation choices that will profit their enterprise and society
Paris, January 23, 2023 – Capgemini at this time printed its 2023 TechnoVision report ‘Proper the Expertise, Write the Future’, highlighting the highest expertise developments to assist leaders reply a few of the key questions they’ve when making technology-driven enterprise transformation choices. The report makes “a name to motion” to be conscious of the elevated shortage of sources. It is additionally the primary of its sort with AI-generated visuals all through.
With each enterprise now being a expertise enterprise, tech is infused into all enterprise situations. But in 2023, the vary of choices to select from is extra overwhelming than ever earlier than, in areas as numerous as inventive / generative AI, cloud, edge computing, the Web of Issues, AI, clever course of automation, autonomous methods, the Metaverse, Web3, and even biotechnology and quantum computing. TechnoVision is a framework that helps enterprise leaders, CIOs and expertise practitioners navigate key expertise developments and make sensible decisions, from a enterprise worth perspective, but in addition from the broader views of sustainability or ethics.
The proper technology decisions with a optimistic societal impression
With an elevated strain on sources (power, water, uncooked supplies, chips, dependable provide chains, low-interest cash, expert expertise), TechnoVision 2023 makes a plea for choosing the best expertise options and innovation initiatives that not solely contribute finest to the organizational future but in addition have a transparent, optimistic societal impression.
“TechnoVision 2023 provides actionable solutions to a few of the key questions enterprise leaders, CIOs and expertise practitioners have each time making technology-driven enterprise transformation choices: whether or not we intention for resilience and agility, new methods of development, sustainability, frugality, or doing issues in a different way, we all know expertise is an integral, indispensable a part of the equation.” stated Pascal Brier, Chief Innovation Officer at Capgemini and member of the Group Govt Committee.
Created by Capgemini’s Expertise, Innovation and Ventures (TIV) council, TechnoVision leverages a global community of consultants who monitor, assess, synthesize, and deploy expertise evolutions throughout varied domains. The 2023 version stays true to its imaginative and prescient: a trusted, accessible, insightful and actionable information that helps in making the best decisions and devises technology-enabled enterprise methods and transformation plans.
Seven developments highlighted this yr:
- Web of twins: Enabling totally different simulations of various sorts of objects that talk collectively, reminiscent of automobiles interacting in visitors, requires the interconnection of digital twins with the best supporting protocols, which turns the Web of Issues (IoT) into an Web of Twins. This twin community might be key to lowering the complexity of operational challenges, simply exploring and testing options, and converging digital and real-world experiences.
- No leaders: On the earth of token-enabled, tamper-proof world entities known as DAOs (decentralized autonomous organizations), distribution of energy is collective and ‘heterarchical’: cooperation with out subordination to central management, solely specializing in worth creation and attaining joint functions. DAOs result in distinctive, light-weight but sturdy governance fashions, with a gaggle of dedicated contributors, pushed by widespread values.
- Web Ø knowledge: Information is essential to delivering net-zero ambitions, however knowledge itself must be sustainable: the battle in opposition to knowledge waste is on. For this, companies must construct abilities, instruments, and tradition to measure, forecast, and act on their emissions ranges throughout the entire worth chain. Collaboration with their provide chain ecosystem is vital to entry dependable knowledge, particularly scope 3. It’s a matter of being smarter about what knowledge is basically wanted, selecting up the search in opposition to knowledge waste, and realizing that ‘huge’ knowledge will not be at all times ‘higher’ knowledge.
- Little inexperienced app: Engineering purposes have to be much less demanding when it comes to sources and power, but in addition with superior efficiency. Software program doesn’t devour power or emit dangerous discharges by itself. The difficulty is with how software program is developed to be used – after which how it’s used.
- My indusattempt, my cloud: Clouds which might be particular to a specific business, area and even area, convey collectively all a corporation wants for its sector-specific actions, neatly packaged as ready-to-use, but adaptive knowledge, options, and infrastructure companies. When leveraged in a stepwise approach, business clouds convey advantages when it comes to speed-to-market, price and useful resource discount, accelerated development, and regulatory compliance, whereas additionally capturing business finest practices and driving collaboration between business companions.
- Inventive Machine: the fast breakthrough of generative AI fashions offers tantalizing alternatives to deal ‘out of the field’ with the shortage of individuals, even when it comes to knowledge-intensive and artistic work. Nevertheless, to completely leverage this spectacular AI augmentation, a renewed give attention to AI ethics might be indispensable.
- Do good, do much less, do effectively: Not all the pieces that’s technologically potential is socially fascinating. As tempting as expertise enterprise initiatives might sound, a lot of them demand a substantial amount of power, time, and scarce pure sources. Take into account the entire social, moral and environmental impression of initiatives and search for expertise that actively advantages societal functions.
The total report is accessible right here: https://technovision.capgemini.com/right-the-technology/
The particular addendum for choice makers is accessible right here: https://www.capgemini.com/insights/research-library/technovision-2023-trends-for-business-decision-makers
Capgemini is a world chief in partnering with corporations to rework and handle their enterprise by harnessing the facility of expertise. The Group is guided on a regular basis by its objective of unleashing human power by expertise for an inclusive and sustainable future. It’s a accountable and numerous group of over 350,000 group members in additional than 50 nations. With its robust 55-year heritage and deep business experience, Capgemini is trusted by its purchasers to deal with the whole breadth of their enterprise wants, from technique and design to operations, fueled by the quick evolving and modern world of cloud, knowledge, AI, connectivity, software program, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2021 world revenues of €18 billion.
Get The Future You Need | www.capgemini.com